Friday, March 11, 2005

Fantasy Baseball, etc.

My friend Connery, whose fantasy baseball acumen I highly regard, and whom I hope will add a comment or two on my blog, has stepped up and created a fantasy baseball league. Huzzah! I've won the dang thing once, and after a couple of less-than-stellar seasons, I hope this is my year (again). Heck, it'll be a decade since the Braves won the World Series, so I deserve it ;) Back in Garnet&Black, baby.

My close, personal friend Tim Kurkjian (I can retell the story if you like) wrote a good column this week on the Madduxes. Worth a read.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=kurkjian_tim&id=2009502


Speaking of pitching and pitching coaches, it will be interesting to see what The God of Pitching Coaches, Leo Mazzone, will do with Tim Hudson this year. I mean, the kid only has the best winning percentage in the last 5 years...what can Leo do with perfection? I can't wait to see.

He is truly a magician...look at those whose careers he turned around (Denny Neagle-20 game winner, John Burkett-career year) and after leaving his tutelage promptly returned to mediocrity or solicitation (teehee). Think of Mike Hampton, the sell-out who got psyched out and lost his stuff, and found his groove again last year. John Thomson, always a good pitcher but stifled in Colorado-great control now. Jaret Wright, career resurrected and promptly signed by the Evil Empire. Time will tell how John Smoltz (not that he needs much help, the gamer) will perform in the starting role again, and how Hudson will flourish in a pitcher's park with Leo rockin' away at his side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home