...and counting...
It is one of my lifetime goals to attend all 30 major league ballparks. Or more accurately, see a facility then-occupied by a major league team (with all the implosions, new ballparks being built, and new park sponsors, it will be impossible to keep up). I have a long way to go!
Here is my meager list to date, with the former park I've also visited in parentheses:
Turner Field (and Atlanta Fulton-County Stadium)
Citizen's Bank Park (and Veterans Stadium)
Comiskey Park (now known as US Cellular Field)
Shea Stadium
Einstein Field (now known as Angel Field)
Camden Yards
Will be adding the following by the end of 2005:
RFK Stadium (the Nationals)
Fenway Park (getting chills just thinking about it!)
Speaking of, have you seen the trailer for the new Jimmy Fallon/Drew Barrymore movie Fever Pitch? You know, the one they were filming at Fenway when the Sox won the World Series? I cannot WAIT to see it...I hope I am not building it up too much...but it looks like an obsessive fan's dream of a baseball movie. I really, really want to love it. Although I am sure the girls will go and identify with Drew Barrymore's character...Um, not me. While I am not one of the Boston faithful, I do know what it's like to pore my tears and time and love into the sport. And no, it is never "just a game".
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fever_pitch/


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home