Friday, March 18, 2005

Steroids

This steroids stuff is really just a mess, huh? I watched some of the Mark McGwire clips from the senate hearing. As hard as it is for me to dislike McGwire, as a baseball purist I abhor tainted records.

Some people are just such great BS-ers , they know how to talk and talk without saying much, but without directly lying. They're good politicians. But McGwire isn't like that, and therefore he appears weak and guilty. I think he struggles with finessing his way through because he IS genuinely a good person and lying poses a moral dilemma for him. Maybe he took illegal substances. He probably did at some point. Will we ever really know?

That's why the answer is to implement FIRM policies from this point forward. We can't change what's already been marred, but we can penalize harshly in the future. None of the "5 Strikes and You're Out (Maybe)" as Jayson Stark reports. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=2015801

If you're caught twice, you're out of the game. But that will never happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home