The Mets...
So the Mets are signing everything in sight. AGAIN. pathetic. yawn. They do this every couple years in some mad rage to buy the NL East Title.
Remind me again who normally wins the East?
And yet, according to an ESPN.com poll, the majority of people say the Mets are going to win it next year! How many times do we have to go through this? I bet if I asked Dr. Phil about this, he'd say:
"The best indicator of future behavior is relavent past behavior."What is the relavent past behavior? The Mets never win the East.

Even if the Mets they do, by some miracle-I-mean-money, win the East, so what? That means once, in 15 years, that they won the East? Wow, congratulations.
I'm still in disbelief that people are "calling it" that the Mets are going to win the East. The guys in Vegas are going crazy.
Memo to the Braves: Lock and Load, baby. sign Renteria.
Some good Hot Stove stuff from ESPN.


6 Comments:
The Mets were supposed to win the NL East last season, and...well...you know. Please. The Mets could play in my grandma's backyard down in Columbus and yet still manage to lose the division. This is the same team who tied Florida for third in the division last year, and now they're a lock to win a division they haven't won since the second term of the Reagan administration?
I know better. The last two years tought me well; the Braves aren't dead until they actually die.
Emily, I have no idea what you're talking about on your blog but I am SO impressed by your knowledge and passion. Is your::ahem:: "other" blog linked to this one? I can't find it. :(
I found your blog through Nicholes, and I just about died laughing about your Dr.Phil quote, that is EXACTLY what he would say! Now lets talk about how the Red Sox are dropping every decent player they have for prospects...are we even going to have a team next year!?!
LOVE your use of Dr Phil and Baseball - LOL. PS I have been reading your other blog too :) Just haven't signed up so I can leave a comment. Hope all is well!!!
you just crack me up!
hmmmm...Renteria? surely there is someone better than that. he didn't prove too useful in Boston this year. still hurts my brain why they dropped Cabrera for Renteria. of course they also let Theo Epstein go...Johnny Damon walk away...traded Mirabelli on purpose...just more marks on the list proving the Red Sox would like to go another 80 years without a World Series victory.
Post a Comment
<< Home