Crazy Weekend in Baseball...
First of all, Congrats to the White Sox!!! Those guys really want it bad, and as much as I respect the Cubs, it's nice for the Blacksheep (pun not intended. well, kind of) of Chicago to get their due. Plus, Ozzie Guillen rocks. Did anyone see where he stayed back from the pandemonium on the field, just for a couple minutes, just soaking it all in and letting his players celebrate.
You can't knock a team whose pitchers throw four complete games in a row. Unbelievable. Love those workhorses. Let's just say their bullpen will be fresh!

In the NL, did anyone see last night's game between the Cardinals and the Astros? The home plate umpire was SATAN. He called some of the most bizarre pitches strikes, then rung Jim Edmonds up on what was clearly a ball. Edmonds, who had struck out of course, got thrown out of the game for giving the ump a piece of his mind. Tony La Russa was thrown out a while earlier for arguing strikes from the dugout. When he was tossed, he came right out of the dugout and laid into the HP ump. (I imagine the conversation went something like, "listen mr. no-name, who do you think you are, Bruce Froemming? I eat pieces of ^&*^*% like you for breakfast!") Now we all know players and coaches can't argue balls and strikes. But when Sportscenter is actually analyzing the pitches, comparing them frame-by-frame, you know they were bad calls.

The Astros are not meant to win this series. They have been lucky, very lucky. Hopefully the Cards can come out pounding, especially with Chris Carpenter on the mound next.
In other news, I updated my engagement blog!


4 Comments:
baseball is dead to me...at least until spring training...
Yeah, I've been watching my Wolfpack find a way to lose football games.
-- dcwriter77
good one Joel!!! ;) (Sorry Adam!)
yeah, yeah...
Post a Comment
<< Home