Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Baseball Playoffs

Remarkably, I am not so stressed about the baseball playoffs this year. At least about the Braves. In past years, there was all this pressure on the Braves to win, win, win, make it to the World Series every year. This year, no one expected them to make the playoffs. Besides the bullpen situation, I'm sure the anchors/writers will talk til my ears bleed about inexperience inexperience the Baby Braves are inexperienced inexperienced.

The Braves bullpen is a MESS. Shambles. In the past week alone they blew like 3 or 4 leads. And it's just middle relief--the 7th and 8th--Farnsworth has been darn fine with the lead in the 9th. So we'll see how that shakes out. If the bullpen shapes up, it will be a pleasant surprise. John Smoltz is the x-factor, I'm convinced. Dude is a bulldog in the post season; he just becomes superman. Most wins in post season history.

Yankees-Angels
I find it hilarious that the Yankees are whining and complaining over Buck's decision to pull the big guys out of the game, presumably so the Angels could secure home field advantage. I find their moral code and judgment laughable.

"There's a code of honor when so much is on the line," Rodriguez told the Daily News. "You hope people do the right thing. But you can't control what people do."

Funny thing, Alex, let's recap: This doesn't strike me as EXACTLY BEING HONORABLE, nor THE RIGHT THING:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Excuse me for not thinking you're the expert on this subject.

Yep, the Yankees have no problems with the money-grubbing, greedy, deal-with-the-devil, NO FARM SYSTEM, wehavethemostmoneysowe'llsignawayeveryone way of playing the game. But whenever anyone sticks it to the Yankees, unintentional or not, they are the world's biggest cry babies. But they'll sure knife you in the back "all in the name of business."

They're scared.

3 Comments:

Blogger Colin Gray said...

Hey Emily, I've done a bit of digging into the Braves regular season scores with some interesting results, if you care to visit my Blog. And I also expect that you will tell me there is a web-site that I could easily have obtained the info that I painstakingly extracted from MLB.com.....such is life!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Adam said...

You seem to love the Spankees as much as I do...I think it's hilarious that A-Rod is so pissed...

3:43 PM  
Blogger vcthree said...

I concur. Shut up, A-Rod. Shut up, Yankees. That's part of the reason why I can't stand them, the cheeseballs that they are. Just remember...all that whining isn't going to make up for you blowing a 3-0 lead in the ALCS, $-Rod. Shut up and play the game.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home