Thursday, September 08, 2005

God Bless the Red Sox fan...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

...who took this shot right in the moment. He also got a few other great shots (Him putting the ring on my finger, another of us hugging, fans cheering) that we will treasure forever.

After the proposal, after we rejoiced with a Sox win, we decided to walk the approx 1.5 miles from Fenway to Beacon Hill. We stopped at 7-11, and had an engagement feast of Slurpees and Goldfish crackers in our hotel room. It was awesome.

Here are some Random Boston Ruminations to tide you over until I do my full Boston recap w/pictures...

My hair styled with such ease in Boston. This is no small feat. I have the worst hair ever--fine, thin, soft, and not a lot of it. I told Jay "ya know, my hair 'does' much better in Boston," to which he replied "um, there's no humidity." Cha-ching! I always said I didn't know if I, a southern girl, could live in Boston, 'cause it gets so freaking cold, but now I'm reconsidering. Cold winters, but good hair year round? Sounds like a good tradeoff to me!

Jay and I want to live in Beacon Hill. Then we look in our travel guide, which says "no neighborhood in Boston screams 'Old Money' like Beacon Hill." Yet another indication of our champagne taste with a beer budget.

We got asked twice for directions, and Jay half credits this with his well-worn Boston cap. You see, Jay has 3 Red Sox caps in rotation, and he wears his oldest cap (circa 2001) as assurance that he's a fan from way back (which he has been, since he was 8). He replaces them when they get ratty beyond words. He bought one with the World Series patch which is his newest. Anyway, after we ate pizza at Newbury Pizza Sunday night, we took half of it back to the hotel. This really made us feel like residents, and sure enough, that was one of the times we got asked. Jay was so proud.


Apparently, Bostonites (?) don't drink any sort of brewed iced tea, even unsweet. At least twice I ordered iced tea and got that Lipton Brisk carbonated mess that comes from the fountain. Legal Sea Foods and Newbury Pizza did offer it, with the latter posting a sign that read "now offering brewed iced tea." And he said it had been selling well when I ordered. I was like, OF COURSE it has.

15 Comments:

Blogger Adam said...

I heart brewed tea. It's pure bliss in the summer. Must be a midwest and south thing.

3:25 PM  
Blogger bootska said...

They're called Bostonians, Hon.

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing pic! That is so amazing that you have that second on film!!! I sense one hell of a LO - or an entire album???

10:20 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

That photo gave me goosebumps!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

awesome photo!! totally TIMELESS!! love hearing your Boston stories! i am another southern girl who LOVES Boston. i think that's the only big city i could actually see myself living. love it! can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOOOOHOOOOO, em!!!! i'm so happy for you guys! :) congrats congrats congrats, my friend! :)

2:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boston???
How many miles is that from H'ville? Doubt I could make it for just a weekend!!
I am so very happy for you and Jay. You both are two of my favorite kids. See ya this afternoon. (I'll be in Charlotte in less than an hour and a half!!)
Love you to pieces!! Mom

8:56 AM  
Blogger {Amanda} said...

aww awesome picture emily!!! that's gotta be blown up and framed!!! :)

as for no humidity. . granted .it ain't the south .. but. . it gets really humid here :) :)

and some places do have the brewed iced tea.. . i prefer it myself. . we just don't have your "sweet tea" which i HAVE to try sometime!!!

congrats again!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

My gosh E I just cannot explain how freakin HAPPY I am for you! TEARY again!! So happy for you!!

6:29 PM  
Blogger J and D said...

what a great picture!!!!!!!

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

I LOVE that the fan caught that moment for you. Priceless photo for the rest of your life :) If you move to Boston I'll have to come visit ya when I'm out there to see my best friend! Congrats AGAIN- I couldn't be happier for you! xo

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmm... iced tea. just go to starbucks!

awesome pic! i'm so happy for you!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as a transplanted "Bostonian", i jus love your enaglement story! so fun. My girlfriend had the same exeperince. they also have a baseball-themed wedding, which i see in your future as well!

I get to see the sox beat the o's in 2 weeks.

go sox.

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo I love that photo!! Congrats again!!

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home