NBRT: My Quirks
I've (finally) been tagged! Thanks, Bridge, for throwing me a bone, since I was about to tag myself, LOL.
Rest assured, the Baseball Diva is Quirkalicious. The Queen of Quirks.
1) I walk really, really fast. I practically sprint. When I'm solo, I'm always speedwalking and weaving around people at the mall, on the street, etc. What's with all the lollygagging, people? Not only that, I stomp. Apparently, I don't pick up my feet very well. Jay calls me the loudest small person he's ever met.
2) I have this thing: Pregnant women who refer to their unborn child by what-will-be their name in regular conversation bothers me. As if baby in tummy is sitting right there with us, shootin' the breeze. "I'm going to buy something for Madeline...," "My doctor says Madeline..." I just think until they're born, they should be refered to as "the baby." I don't know why, but this just weirds me out.
3) I pick apart almost everything I eat. Seriously, it's like the food wasteland, where all vittles go to die. If I don't like how it looks, like if I see a vein in my chicken, I extricate that portion and it is cast aside. Plus, I can't have any rinds on my sandwich meat-- ya know, like on turkey cold cuts? I peel it right off. And, I'm a napkin whore. I'm sure I'm responsible for killing an extra 20 trees a year.
4) I can clap with one hand. Not kidding. I can actually give myself a round of applause. If I have not yet demonstrated this for you, may you one day have the pleasure.
5) This shouldn't come as a surprise to my SB friends, but I am a nazi about pictures and fingerprints. Please hold them by the edges, or position them in your lap and nudge the pictures forward. Or, better yet, I'll hold the pictures in front of you and turn them myself, with bonus commentary. Think of the Friends episode where Monica is so uptight about the way Rachel is flipping through her pictures that Rachel licks the top one in exasperation, and hands them back to Monica. Yep, that may happen to me one day.
Seriously, I could list a quirk a day. I'm weird like that ;)


5 Comments:
AH! I saw that B tagged you on Friday and I have been checking to see when you would post!
I can't wait to see you clap with one hand in September! I have been trying to do it and just have no clue how you accomplish this!
Em,
If I weren't your mom, and I didn't love you so much,your quirks would certainly annoy the
H _ _ _ out of me!!
LOL!
You MUST give us a demonstration of your single hand clap. It will be required before I let you in my house. ;)
And I am a baby name caller. But I will keep it in mind when talking to you if/when there is another 'baby truong'. :)
And I am a speed walker too! drives people I am with crazy! I am always 5 steps a head of them, and standing there, tapping my feet til they catch up, only to repeat. :)
maybe I should start calling you 'Monica' from now on. :) Hee-hee!
Thanks for playing! ;)
Hugs-B
haha I LOVE that you got tagged. You are too funny. I'm *so* with ya there on being a fast walker. My best friend and I still joke about how in jr. high and high school we'd wizz by everyone else to get to the parking lot and our friends would always ask why we were running. Fast walker indeed. Love the baby comment too! :)
SO fun... definitely quirkalicious!!
And that one handed clapping - I'd love to see that!!
Post a Comment
<< Home