LLWS & Hollywood
Was anyone else tired of seeing the Little League World Series on ESPN? Holy massive coverage, Batman! Constant broadcasts of the games! Highlights on Sportscenter!
Honestly, I really don't want my MLB Web Gems supplanted by kids making leaping grabs. Don't really care. I mean, do people actually watch this?
It's kind of like Sports Illustrated's Faces in the Crowd. You know, they highlight several high schoolers each issue, and the blurb might read:
John Jenkins, a sophomore from Batesburg High School, pitched his fourth no-hitter of the season for the Tigers. He has 332 strikeouts in 150 innings with a 0.31 ERA. He also hit .439 with 102 RBI.
So basically what you're saying is, this kid could strike out my next door neighbor. He might make my kid cousin whiff at a pitch or two, when said-cousin is not draft-caliber. Like, how can these stats impress me?
Seriously, these Faces in the Crowd are the big fish. These are the ones who will get drafted.
Whenever they hit .337 at AAA against equally talented peers, let me know. Because it's really, really hard to get a crack at the big leagues.
By the way, this show so needs to hire me. No one is as sports-pop-culture obsessed as I am.
I even have my first angle: Let's get our favorite sports himbo Derek Jeter together with man- machine Eva Longoria! They are like the same person!


5 Comments:
we could be co-anchors!!!!
except that.. eva longoria... yuck.
LOL about your match making skills. :)
Hugs-B
LOL! Love it!!! I totally think that show is going to make me more "in to" sports! I expect you to post highlights!
how about setting me up with Eva?
em, i am totally with you on the little league world series. i mean, how many hours can we watch 12-year-old baseball!!
and your matchmaking - totally cracks me up!
Post a Comment
<< Home