NBRT: CD Recommendation

Faith Hill releases a country album??? What is this, 1998? Now, Faith is my girl--I have loved her since her first single, Wild One, in 1993--but she sold out a little bit with This Kiss and Breathe and all that mess. Now don't get me wrong, I loooove pop music even more than country, but I don't want Kelly Clarkson tryin' to get all Josh Gracin on me (AI fans, get it?) Faith started country and she should sing country. She's good at it. I know the country music industry started hatin' on her because she wears Dolce & Gabbana, but can you blame her? If I were making millions, the last thing I'd spend it on would be Wrangler jeans. Plus, she's the most gorgeous woman on the planet.
Anyway, back to the album...it is an awesome return to her country roots. And the songs really showcase her range --most are in that rich, throaty tone that nails those intense ballads. My favorites tracks are: Mississippi Girl, Stealing Kisses--and Like We Never Loved at All, which is a duet with hubby Tim McGraw. If you've never heard any of their duets, you're missing out. Their voices actually meld SO beautifully-- Download "It's Your Love", and "Just to Hear You Say that You Love Me"-- both songs are on the playlist for my wedding reception. Just beautiful. That, and they are the cutest couple ever...they never spend more than 3 days apart from each other, even when they're touring.
More baseball tomorrow.


2 Comments:
I have a large chunk of country in my music collection, but wasn't even thinking about really checking this out. Thanks for posting Em- I'll go listen now! ;)
This is the kind of post I can totally get into! I love Faith too! When I saw Tim last September, she came out for a duet! Ahhh, bliss! :) I'm serious, there had better be a decent country concert we can go to before I have to move from the carolina area :)
Post a Comment
<< Home