The Professor
Maddux, whose record of 12-13 is his worst % since his rookie year, has exactly 3 starts left in the year.
The first of those three was today. And Maddux proves he's still got that MAD DOG mentality when he needs it--he was sensational.
3-0 W, 8IP, 4 hits, 4K, 0BB. That dude can pitch on pure gut when he needs it, even if his pitch placement isn't what it once was.
Mad Dog threw just 66 pitches in the first seven innings and hadn't thrown more than 11 pitches in any inning to that point despite rarely reaching above 85 mph (from ESPN.com).
Cubs 3, Brewers 0

(And yes, I know he's began and will end as a Cub, but he will be in the Hall as a Brave, folks. Hence my pitcher picture selection. "The Professor" was always my favorite nickname for Maddux.)
NBRT: A little grammar/french lesson here, guys. Something that has been driving me crazy lately. It has even popped up in emails from wedding photographers I've contacted:
FIANCE, one e, is the guy.
FIANCEE, two e's, is the gal.
(Sorry, I don't know how to insert an an acute accent over the e's in Blogger.)
Thank you for letting me get that off my chest.


6 Comments:
Maddux Rocks! We cubbies like having him around!
I know nothing about baseball but needed to say that I did NOT know that about fiance! Someday I will have a fiance but BE a fiancee! Wow, you learn something new everyday!
Hey Emily - I think that an ALT-130 should give you the pretty little é that you're looking for!
Hey, thanks Jess!!! :) é é é
yayyy!
andy loves maddux. *loves* me? not so much. i *heart* carlos. :)
andy loves maddux. *loves* me? not so much. i *heart* carlos. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home