Monday, September 19, 2005

Live from Bank One Ballpark....

Back from an absolutely fantastic weekend in Phoenix, AZ. I had sooo much fun with those gals; we just laughed and scrapped and shopped sun up, to sun down. I love Arizona.

I feel it is my duty to post pictures from the baseball-related portion of the trip :)

The BOB (as it will always be, even though they're unveiling the NEW name this weekend) is such a fun ballpark. It's such an open, festive atmosphere.



  • We had the absolute most fantastic seats I've ever had in a MLB park. Third base line, 6 rows up. I felt so on top of the action...I waved to Gonzo and Glaus. HUGE thanks to B's hubby for getting us tickets--and amazing seats at that.
  • We were put on the jumbotron, SCORE! (Although none of us could get our cameras out fast enough to capture it).
  • So glad they retracted the dome.
  • If you're hungry at the BOB, you certainly have a lot of choices! Besides hot dogs, brats, pizza and other typical ballpark fare, you can get McDonalds, Blimpie subs, Sushi, BBQ, Ribs, and my selection--shredded beef tacos! Later on, you may flag down a vendor for a Frappuccino--and they'll put fresh whipped cream on it right there!
  • As usual, I tend to go in baseball diva mode at the ballpark. I yakked Liz's ear off about baseball since she loves it, too. Poor Colleen and Bridgette--we rearranged our seating so they wouldn't feel so alienated from normal conversation. Sorry, guys :)
  • The Rockies starter Zach Day was hit by a line drive on his third pitch of the game, fracturing his thumb! Kind of scary to watch. The Rockies then had to use 6 relievers, and managed to win the game.
  • Tony Clark, who is about 8 feet tall, hit two homers on the night for the D-Backs. You know a player is tall when he appears as such all the way across the diamond. By contrast, Quinton McCracken, the 5'8"-pinch hitter appeared to be 5 foot tall. But that's okay, because the Wilmington, NC-native got all the ladies with his smarts--he graduated from Duke.

ETA, random: For all you Real World junkies (like me), I ran into Wes from the Real World-Austin at, of all places, the CLT airport. I was walking up to the KFC Express line, as was he from a distance, and I was like who is that joker in the Gucci logo tee and backpack? I got in line behind him, and said, "I know you, you're on the Real World." Probably fed his ego really good. He smiled and said yeah, and I asked where he was headed. (Hartford, CT). Probably would have been a better question to ask him why he was in Charlotte, but I figured it was one of those ludicrous bar tours the RWers are doing where they basically get paid to drink and grind on people and travel the country. They come to Crush, a local bar here. He was cute, but no one I'd take a second look at. Definitely not what he thinks he is. Does anyone remember the classic Nehemiah line from a few episodes ago, "come on, that girl was cute for Wes." HILARIOUS.

Thanks again, my awesome friends, for all the fun times!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

8 Comments:

Blogger Jessica O'Brien said...

Looks like such a fun time and definitly some great seats! It seems like you guys did a little bit of *everything!* on your weekend together- too fun! Glad you had a great time.

tacos...yummmmmmm

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) :) :) :) :)
It was a treat to see a game with an expert, even if I did not have a clue as to what you were talking about. :)
And I totally love being able to hear your voice in my head as I read your entries. :)
Had a wonderful time with you this weekend, and hope we can get together again soon! :)
Hugs-B

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so jealous.
zach day played for the bisons for, like, a day a couple years back.

lots of pitchers getting hit this year. owie.

5:56 PM  
Blogger kelly said...

Great photos, Em!

You had me LOL about the Real World tool!!!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

HOW FUN!!! gosh i'm so stinkin' jealous of y'alls's super cool weekend! wish i had been able to join ya! maybe next time! =) great photos, em!!

10:21 AM  
Blogger melanie said...

Woohooo -- sounds like you had a *great* time, and look at those fun pics (especially enjoy the one of you chowing down!) -Mel

11:36 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Sounds like you guys had a fabulous time!

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you could say I am jealous.... :-) so glad you had a good time!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home