Monday, May 23, 2005

And I thought I'd taught him so well......

Jay has always been a Boston Red Sox fan, but through fantasy baseball, (like his girlfriend before him) he has become much more learned about other teams and players.

Alas, Sunday afternoon at his apartment the following conversation took place:

Me: I just dropped Coco Crisp...
Jay: Then you better pick it up right now!

Can you really blame him? Especially given my obsession/daily consumption of sugary cereals.

3 Comments:

Blogger melanie said...

Lol - cute story!

With a last name like Crisp, his parents must not have liked him very much to name him Coco!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Baseball Diva said...

Coco was a pretty nifty player when he came through the Eastern and International Leagues.

As for morning cereals, one of the guys I'm currently rooting for here in AA is crediting, at least in part, his super start to the season (OPS was about 1.200) to eating Coco Puffs every morning. His mom told me he had never eaten Coco Puffs before in his life, but he swears by them now.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

Cool blog and story. Hail baseball! If you play espn fantasy baseball games, my blog focuses on the player acquisitions and picks. It also includes real-time baseball news feeds from ESPN, FOX and CBS. It is at slashersports.com if you want to check it out.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home