Monday, April 25, 2005

2.90

I know, I know...another Braves post. Hopefully I won't have to whine about them anymore, now that they've won 4 in a row and are tied for the NL East lead again. With Florida.

I just want to point out, specifically, how good the Braves' pitching is.
Braves team ERA: 2.90
Braves starter ERA: 2.46 (and remember, this is skewed by Smoltz's 4.30)

The studs:
Tim Hudson: 4GS, 2-0, 28.0IP, 3 ER-2 solo HR, 0.96 ERA
Mike Hampton: 4GS, 2-0, 30.2IP, 4ER, 1.17 ERA
Click here for a more detailed breakdown

All anyone wants to talk about is the Florida Marlins!!! Well, their starter ERA is 2.39, only marginally better than the Braves'. Their top two studs, Beckett and Willis, have ERAs of 1.00 and 1.50 respectively. All I know is, I'm ready for the Braves to pound the Marlins into submission.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

pound into submission? I never knew you had such a dark side to you ;-)

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dontrell is so the man - if only i could be that cool and kick my leg that high, right? too bad the cubbies couldn't keep him.

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home