Sunday, April 10, 2005

A message from Smoltzie

John Smoltz's return to the Braves rotation was nothing short of a nightmare
John Smoltz's first start in nearly four years ranked with the worst of his career

The season was only in the second inning when John Smoltz called it a day, fans taunting him with tomahawk chops

Yeah, Smoltz had a nice little "FU" for his critics in the form of a 15 Strikeout performance Sunday, tying his career high set back in 1992. Yeah, I'd say the guy can still pitch.

He didn't get the win (Braves managed only 2 hits against an impressive Pedro Martinez) but that is meaningless to me. What matters is Smoltz's performance. He rebounded his worst start with one of his best in over a decade. The confidence, the character, the capability you have to have as player to be able to bounce back in such a big way....awesome.

Fantasy Baseball rants:
1) I was offered my first trade a couple days ago. What the? We're like four or five days into the season, and you want me to evaluate performance already?
2) A dude in my fantasy league dropped Mark Prior and CC Sabathia from his team yesterday! Flat out DROPPED Prior, a top 10 pitcher, even though he's injured! I don't know if he was aware that he has two DL spots, or if he's just stupid, but you sit a guy like Prior for three months if you have to because you just don't give that away for nothing. Of course, all of the managers (myself included) jumped on the waiver wire immediately to grab him. I don't know if it'll go through, b/c Prior is technically undroppable. I think our commish may overrule, and I think that's the way to go. Wow!

1 Comments:

Blogger Baseball Diva said...

Dropped Prior? I see last place looming for that manager.

We've been trading since before the season started. Somebody asked me for A.J. Pierzynski for a mid-level outfielder. I countered with Nomar and A.J. for Rollins. Can you believe he turned that down?

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home