Feelin' the Love
Watching the Texas-Nebraska baseball game on ESPN2 right now...so cool. Lots of memories--I worked all the home games with the SID office when I was in grad school. Hawks Field is the nicest, most elite baseball park in college sports--and bests most minor league facilities.
Dave Van Horn brought Nebraska back to national prominence in his tenure there, and has since returned to Arkansas (and consequently beat up on my Gamecocks).
I'm all nostalgic...several of my friends are probably at the ballpark right now. (Hey Adam, Paul...are you there? *waves*)


1 Comments:
I've got a lot of Husker baseball memories...sitting in the press box at the Hawk, which Jared and I called 'Dawson Field' on more than one occassion...a few of my fave memories..
1) The first game at Hawks in 2002, we played Western Illinois, I beleive. It was cold and there was blowing snow...Nebraska in early March...
2) Vito Chairavalotti (U of Richmond) hit a ball that is still orbiting Lincoln right now to give Richmond a win in game 2 of the 2002 Super Regional. Seriously, the stadium was half empty by the time the ball landed near the interstate...
3) Watching Alex Gordon as a freshman...this kid is something else, the good news is that the rest of the world will get to know him after the draft this year. He's a shoo-in to win the Howser.
4) Watching the Braves on the TV in the press box with Emily and doing my best Skip Carey imitation...very poorly...
5) Coming up with creative phrases to put in the message board such as.... Goodbye Baseball!...www.RobChildress.com...www.DaveVanHorn.com and such....
Ah...memories...I'll do a blog on it sometime...it sure beats the Buck, which, by the way, is now where the new football complex is...
Post a Comment
<< Home