Saturday, April 16, 2005

Dream Job

A few weeks ago a posted my ode to Aaron Levine from ESPN's Dream Job season one.

Well, today at the local Sports Fan Attic shop, Jay and I met Dream Job winner Mike Hall! Hall is head anchor for the new ESPN-U, headquartered in Charlotte.

I'm really good at remembering faces. I spotted him entering the store, and hissed to Jay "Is that Mike Hall? I think it is, but he looks skinnier than I remember." So we pretended to look at throwback jerseys and assessed him. When he proceeded to the counter to buy a Chicago Bears hat, we knew it had to be him, the midwestern boy. The cashier beat me to the punch, "you're not Mike Hall, are you?" He laughed and said he was. Of course, I swooped in and said "I told my boyfriend I thought that was you. We loved Dream Job..."

He was really nice, stuck out his hand and I introduced myself. We asked how Aaron Levine was doing and where he was working (a station in Bakersfield, CA), I told him I worked for a local sports marketing entity (networking, networking) and Jay contributed that I had worked for the SID office at Nebraska. And I mentioned a friend of mine worked in the Mizzou SID office (since he's an alum). He said he was itching to get back to Mizzou to visit some friends before they graduated.

He was very down-to-earth. It's so surreal that someone so normal, and so younger than me (23!), has such a sweet job with ESPN. I shoulda asked him about Stuart Scott. Dangit!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
NBRT: (Sorry, I had to delete my previous bargain shopper post...the picture was giving me issues. BTW, Colleen...I got both suits at TJ Maxx for $29.99 each, what a score, huh?)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You meet more famous people than anyone I know! What a cutie! Did you have your camera with you? :)

B

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad that mike is representing mizzou well! :)

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home