Monday, May 02, 2005

It's Official

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My fantasy baseball team officially sucks this year. After four weeks, I am DEAD LAST of 14 managers with a record of 10-34-4. Each of the last three weeks, I have lost by scores of: 11-0, 10-2, and 9-1. It is embarrassing! Let's examine why this has happened: my offense scores, on average, about 3 RBI a day with about 4 runs a game. I have at least four guys who go 0-3 or 0-4 each day. My top two outfielders-my supposed power guys-are hitting .193 (Brian Giles) and .202 (Vernon Wells). A little bit of advice: never, ever pick Vernon Wells for your fantasy team until after the 15th round. He has burned me for the second time--I picked him last year in like the fourth round because in 2003 the 25 year old hit .317 with 33 HR and 117 RBI. He was only supposed to get better. Well, in 2004 he hit .272 with 23 HR and 67 RBI. An off year. And this year, he has been awful. Just awful. Shame on me, with bloggers as my witness, I will never choose V-Dub again. He is the fantasy cancer.

I am "okay" pitching wise. My starters put up a decent amount of wins, I always have a lot of strikeouts, but very few holds or saves. My third round pick was Mariano Rivera. Yeah. My carries the whole squad saves guy. I should be reveling in the fact that the Yankees have been awful thus far, but it just meant no saves for me. They either lose, OR win 13-2 with no save opportunity. Great.

Honestly, unless my guys go on some amazing run, I'm already out of contention for the top 5 this year. And that does not make me happy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I clicked on your blog link from 2 Peas (I'm a bit of a lurker over there) and it was like going into Bizarro-world where things were my life, but it was your photo on the side and your name in the title.

I grew up in Atlanta (I live in Jacksonville, FL now) and have been a HUGE braves fan my whole life. And, not just a watcher, someone who knows stats, plays, standings, has a love for Skip Caray's quirky comments on TV, and subscribes to Chop Talk magazine (even got a Christmas card signed by John Smoltz two years ago!) etc. (You might understand that a little)

I'm only 26 (not quite crisis age, yet, I see! Whew!) and I love scrapping too. And, I might as well mention, didn't get an e-mail from PKPT either.

Anyway, I just thought it was crazy and wanted to share. :)

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home