Cinderella Man
Saw the movie Cinderella Man tonight. Amazing, moving story. I know Grazer, Howard and company are prone to fudging the truth a bit when it comes to inspirational stories (i.e. A Beautiful Mind) but not here. This one is pretty true to the life of Braddock. A successful boxer who fell prey to the Great Depression just like everyone, yet came back against all odds.
But it's not even his success in the ring that is most compelling. You must learn more about James J Braddock. His integrity, his outlook, his HARD WORK, his honest love story, how after retiring from boxing (past age 37) he enlisted and fought in WWII. Because it was the right thing to do. Then he returned home to more hard work building bridges...they just don't make 'em like that anymore. I was inspired.
Visit his website, created by his son.
http://www.jamesjbraddock.com/


1 Comments:
had a great weekend...we all missed you! Christian, Shamus, Emily, Erin and I all went out Saturday night...Christian even brought his fiancee!
Post a Comment
<< Home