I've been very bad...

about updating this blog, obviously. Well, Spring Training will be upon us shortly, so I will be better about blogging, I hope :)
Another good baseball read for you: Satchel Paige's America by William Price Fox, writer in residence/professor at my alma mater. It is fantastic, and so funny--ol' Satch was quite the character, not to mention one of the most gifted pitchers in history. This book just bleeds southern baseball America. I'm only 1/3 of the way through it, but I'm lovin' it. Feels like you're eatin' some BBQ right there with Satch.
AND, Bridgette tagged me...finally, someone likes me, they really like me!!! :)
Four jobs you’ve had in your life:
Apparently I've lived a pampered life, work-wise. I was not one of those kids who had four job by the time they finished high school :)
1. Wrapping gifts at Belk Department store in my hometown, age 17. This was my first real job. (I babysat regularly from age 13 on).
2. Media Relations director of a golf tournament in Columbia, pitting former USC Gamecock football players vs. hated rival Clemson Tigers against each other. Senior year of college.
3. Media Relations Assistant for a Mets minor league baseball affiliate. Lawyers have nothing on us--it was nothing to work a six-game homestand, 9:30am-11pm every day. But it was FUN. fun, fun. I made peanuts, though--began as an internship, grew into my first job out of college.
4. Graduate assistant in the University of Nebraska Sports Information department. Again, so much fun. Sports, sports, sports every day, all the time, the whole city of Lincoln. Doesn't get much better.
Four movies you would watch over and over:
1. Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves. My favorite movie ever. Everything: A stellar cast (Morgan Freeman, Alan Rickman, Mary Elizabeth Masterontonio, and of course Costner), action, drama, romance, a period piece (crazy about those), humor. Love it.
2. Clueless. I know this movie by heart. Hysterical. Plus Paul Rudd, yummmm.
3. Pirates of the Caribbean. (Johnny Depp is a genius)
4. Sweet Home Alabama I can so, so, so relate to this movie. SO MUCH. Love Reese Witherspoon. Love her Tennessee accent. I just heart this movie so much.
Four places you have lived:
1. Columbia, SC
2. Ames, IA
3. Lincoln, NE
4. Charlotte, NC
Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. VERONICA MARS. Best.Show.Ever.
2. Grey's Anatomy
3. Real World/Road Rules: The Gauntlet. A guilty pleasure.
4. Sex and the City reruns (god bless TBS)
Four places you have been on vacation:
1. Paris. Summer before my junior year of high school, 1995. Dying to go back to Europe. Spent 3 days in Paris, and four days in...
2. Lausanne and Lucerne, Switzerland
3. San Diego, CA
4. Boston, baby!
Four websites you visit daily:
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com (hello!)
http://mail.yahoo.com (obsessive about email)
http://pinkisthenewblog.com
As many blogs as I can remember!
Four of your favorite foods:
1. Brick Oven Pizza
2. Pad Thai, at my favorite local place.
3. Grilled, pecan-crusted trout with mango salsa
4. BREAD, bread, bread.
Four places you would rather be right now:
1. SLEEPING in bed.
2. on the beach (it's 70* here today)
3. Shopping at the mall
4. June 17, 2006 :)
Four bloggers you are tagging:
I think everyone's been tagged by now


9 Comments:
thank you for your nice eyebrow comment. see, i have eyebrown paranoia, because without it [the paranoia], i would only have one eyebrow. not attractive. and i, the lone ranger, have not been tagged :( boohoo
tag jill! :)
and i smiled when I saw 'June 17, 2006'. it's coming up fast!!!! :)
YAY! So happy to see you've updated! I was thinking about you today! Check out what I did and who I met! http://spaces.msn.com/members/elizabethbayly/
emily's back!!
can't wait for spring training!!
You know what is great about that picture of Erstad on the SID page?
I was standing about three feet behind him, it was on my birthday (Nov 2) and we lost to Texas that night (well, thats not great)...
Well, spring training is still here for a little while longer at least.
I do know the O's and Nats square off this weekend.
oh, that last post was from me, gonzowriter
BASEBALL SEASON HAS STARTED! How do I not have an update yet?!?!?
we're over a month in! where are you? =(
Post a Comment
<< Home